DIY – Cara Cara Orange Champagne Marmalade
Hale Groves Cara Cara Oranges make great marmalade, but the addition of Champagne makes this favorite preserve a gourmet treat. This is a perfect recipe to use the last cup of champagne you may have, or a good reason to open a bottle. Try this delicious Hale Groves Cara Cara Champagne Marmalade and get ready for a sweet treat.
- 4 to 5 Hale Groves Cara Cara Oranges
- 2/3 Cup Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- 2 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ¼ Cup Honey
- Wash oranges. Cut off tops and bottoms, then slice into wedges as thin as possible. Remove any white pith from centers. Place orange slices in a plastic bowl with tight fitting lid, cover with Champagne or Sparkling Wine, and refrigerate overnight (twelve to twenty-four hours).
- Remove oranges from refrigerator and allow them to sit un-refrigerated for 20 minutes. Place oranges and Champagne into a medium saucepan and warm over medium-high heat. Add water, sugar, and honey then bring to a boil. Stir continually until mixture reduces by half and thickens.
- Transfer thickened marmalade into sterilized glass canning jars and cover with sealing lids. Process the jars submerged in a boiling water canning bath for ten minutes. Remove jars from bath, allow to cool, and store opened jars in the refrigerator.