DIY – Cara Cara Orange Champagne Marmalade
Hale Groves Cara Cara Oranges make great marmalade, but the addition of Champagne makes this favorite preserve a gourmet treat. This is a perfect recipe to use the last cup of champagne you may have, or a good reason to open a bottle. Try this delicious Hale Groves Cara Cara Champagne Marmalade and get ready for a sweet treat.
- 4 to 5 Hale Groves Cara Cara Oranges
- 2/3 Cup Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- 2 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ? Cup Honey
- Wash oranges. Cut off tops and bottoms, then slice into wedges as thin as possible. Remove any white pith from centers. Place orange slices in a plastic bowl with tight fitting lid, cover with Champagne or Sparkling Wine, and refrigerate overnight (twelve to twenty-four hours).
- Remove oranges from refrigerator and allow them to sit un-refrigerated for 20 minutes. Place oranges and Champagne into a medium saucepan and warm over medium-high heat. Add water, sugar, and honey then bring to a boil. Stir continually until mixture reduces by half and thickens.
- Transfer thickened marmalade into sterilized glass canning jars and cover with sealing lids. Process the jars submerged in a boiling water canning bath for ten minutes. Remove jars from bath, allow to cool, and store opened jars in the refrigerator.
Shop Delicious Treats from Hale Groves
Hale Groves of Vero Beach, Florida, offers the best citrus and fruit gifts money can buy. Order some for your friends, family or yourself.Shop Now