10 Hidden Health Benefits of Mangoes
Florida mangoes are truly the best—a combination of a tropical fragrant bouquet, smooth golden flesh and a rich, sweet flavor. Hale Groves selects only the most magnificent fresh mangoes, and rushes them to you straight from the farm. Florida mangoes exude a strong nutritional profile—bursting with antioxidants and more than 20 different vitamins and minerals. Fresh mangoes are also an excellent source of Vitamin A and folate, and a good source of fiber and Vitamin B6. One cup of mango is only 100 calories, an excellent source of Vitamins A and C and a good source of copper and fiber. Recent studies indicate that there’s more to fresh mangoes than vitamins and minerals. Buy fresh mangoes online today because they are filled with health benefits such as the 10 listed below.
1. Mango consumption is associated with lower blood sugar levels.
2. Polyphenolic compounds in mangoes may possess cancer-fighting properties. Mangoes also have high amounts of pectin, which can help to lower cholesterol and help to prevent prostate cancer. Also, there has been some evidence of a correlation between eating mango and lowering the risk of stomach cancers.
3. Research is being done into the relation of eating mango and bone density and osteoporosis.
4. One cup of mango is an excellent source of Vitamin C and provides daily Vitamin C requirements that are great for collagen formation and cognitive and neurologic function.
5. Mangoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A, which is critical for vision and immune function.
6. Mangoes are high in folate, which is important before and during pregnancy and helps the body to make red blood cells and DNA.
7. Mangoes are a good source of Vitamin B6, which helps with immune function and cognitive development.
8. One cup of fresh mango is a good source of copper, which helps form red blood cells and supports healthy immune function.
9. Mangoes are rich in potassium and magnesium and have been said to help remedy high blood pressure.
10. Doctors say fresh mangoes can aid in eliminating problems such as indigestion and excess acidity.