Refreshing citrus and sweet strawberries elevate this salad to a delectable treat. Warm citrus bacon dressing adds savory flavors and just the right amount of tartness. The result is a fantastic salad that can be used as a hearty side dish, or a delicious lunch. Gather the ingredients and make this fabulous salad today.
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked crispy and drained
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 Hale Groves Sugarbelles, peeled, segmented, and membranes removed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup bacon grease
- ¼ cup Hale Groves Sugarbell juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Chop bacon and combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Heat bacon grease for dressing in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add Sugar belle juice, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk well. Pour warm dressing over salad and toss just before serving.