Summer Fruit Favorites: Mangos
Summer is coming…and so is summer fruit! You don’t need to feel badly about saying goodbye to Ruby Red Grapefruit, Grove Navel Oranges, and Comice Pears when you have Sweet Georgia Peaches, Bing Cherries, and Apricots to look forward to.
Summer fruit from Hale Groves is a true treat you can look forward to, and in celebration of our summer selections, we’re going to spotlight one each week in the leadup to summer. This week’s star? Mangos!
Wait…I can by Mangos online??
You sure can! Mangos (referred to by some as “queen’s fruit”) used to be a lot harder to get, but Hale Groves’ prized, tropical mangos come to you fresh from Florida. Plump and fragrant, our mangos have smooth, golden flesh and an amazing flavor that’s sure to please your palate.
Great! So when are mangos read to buy?
You can expect your first Hale Groves mango fruit delivery in July and enjoy them all the way through August! Yes, it’s a short season, sadly…so place your mango order online early to ensure you won’t miss out on this warm-weather delicacy! Perfect for enjoying on a hot summer’s day, our mangoes aren’t just for eating out of hand, they adds amazing tropical flavor to smoothies and main dishes by adding a fresh tanginess that brings balance to sweet desserts and savory dishes.
Are mangos good for me?
Oh yes…fresh mango benefits your health in so many ways! Mango nutrition benefits include a healthier immune system, lowered risk of heart disease, healthier eyes and skin, and reduced risk of certain cancers. Plus, eating just a single mango gives you three times the recommended daily intake of vitamins A and C and more beta-carotene than any other fruit. They’re also high in energy, low in fat and a rich source of calcium!
Some great nutritional benefits from eating mangos:
- Mangoes are packed with many vitamins and antioxidants. And consumption of an average-sized mango can fulfill up to two-third of the recommended daily need of vitamin C. And antioxidants in mango boosts the immunity.
- Mango contains fiber, potassium, and vitamins that help to keep the arteries working and reduce the risk of heart disease. And including mangoes in your diet also helps to reduce body fat and control blood sugar levels. And being a rich source of beta-carotene, mangoes reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Beta-carotene and vitamin A in mangoes improve eye health, as deficiency of vitamin A may lead to blindness. Mangoes are rich source of zeaxanthin, and invariably improve eye health. And lutein in mangoes also helps to improve eye health.
- Carotenoids, ascorbic acid, terpenoids, polyphenols, and unique antioxidants in mango helps to reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Mangoes provide numerous benefits to the skin including skin hydration, UV rays’ protection, lighter skin tone, prevention from premature ageing, and boosts collagen production, and much more.
- In a major scientific breakthrough, it was found that mangoes may also prevent breast cancer. According to researchers at Texas A&M University, their study shows that mango helps to stop certain colon and breast cancer cells in the lab.
Why should I order my Mangos from Hale Groves?
When you order mango online from Hale Groves, you get a juicy, exotic flavor like you can’t get from grocery store mangoes. We take special care in packing our mangos so they arrive in perfect condition!
Shop Delicious Treats from Hale Groves
Hale Groves of Vero Beach, Florida, offers the best citrus and fruit gifts money can buy. Order some for your friends, family or yourself.Shop Now