DIY – Dark Chocolate Dipped Orange Slices
Chocolate And Oranges
The indulgent taste of chocolate and the sweet, refreshing flavor of fresh oranges has been a perfect combination for ages. In many parts of Europe, orange slices are dipped in rich melted chocolate for a traditional holiday dessert. And as early as the 1930s, British candy companies began to produce the famous chocolate oranges, which combined the two flavors in an orange-shaped treat.
Our DIY Chocolate Oranges
This fast, simple recipe lets you do it yourself and create this delicious flavor combination at home. Ripe, delicious Hale Groves Honeybells are the perfect citrus to combine with dark chocolate and a hint of sea salt to create this mouthwatering delight.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 Hale Groves Honeybell Oranges
- 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Peel and segment the Honeybell Oranges and set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler with water and heat over medium to medium-low heat. Melt dark chocolate chips slowly, and stir occasionally. Once melted, add vegetable oil and stir to combine. (Note: Do Not allow the water to boil, or the melted chocolate will re-solidify.)
- Using tongs, dip the orange slices ? of the way into the melted chocolate and place on the lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle the slices with sea salt as you go. Stir chocolate occasionally.
- Once completed, place slices in freezer for 10 minutes, or until chocolate is firm. Store refrigerated and enjoy this delicious treat.