Apple And Pear White Sangria Recipe2018-09-25
White wine sangria is a lighter, more refreshing take on red wine sangria and as such, it pairs well with crisp, tart fruits like Hale Groves Orchard Fresh Apples and Hale Groves Comice Pears. Both of these fruits are a perfect pairing with sweet Moscato wine and will make your white sangria the talk of the party.
How to make Apple And Pear White Sangria
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Ready in: 2 hours, 20 minutes.
- 1 750ml bottle chilled Moscato wine
- 1/2 cup room temperature lemon liqueur (lemoncello)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice from the 2 zested lemons (strain out seeds)
- 1/4 cup white table sugar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 Hale Groves Orchard Fresh Apple, washed, cored, halved, and sliced thin
- 1 Hale Groves Comice Pear, washed, cored, halved, and sliced thin
- Sprigs of fresh mint (2 to 3 for pitcher / the rest for garnish)
- 1 – 12 oz. bottle unflavored seltzer water
In a small to medium sized bowl, combine the room temperature lemon liqueur, lemon juice, lemon zest, white sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Pour mixture into a large pitcher. Add the chilled Moscato wine, apple slices, pear slices, 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh mint, and stir well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When serving, fill a white wine glass to ¾ full, top with a dash of seltzer. Garnish with a small mint sprig tip.