Grapefruit Gremolata Salmon Recipe2020-11-30
Broiled grapefruit adds vibrancy to the mild flavor of healthy salmon in this Italian –inspired dish! You may substitute halibut or another firm/medium-firm textured fish if you like. Serves 4.
- 2 Hale Groves Ruby Red Grapefruit
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. brown sugar, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper, coarsely ground
- Preheat broiler. Finely grate enough peel from grapefruit to measure 2 tablespoons. In a small bowl, mix parsley, garlic and grapefruit peel.
- Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of each grapefruit; stand grapefruit upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane from grapefruit. Cut along the membrane of each segment to remove fruit. Arrange sections in a single layer on one half of a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Place salmon on remaining half of pan. Mix cumin seeds, salt, pepper and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over salmon.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 8-10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and grapefruit is lightly browned. Sprinkle salmon with parsley mixture; serve with grapefruit.