Peach Cake Recipe2019-05-20
Summer is here and so is peach season. It is the time to eat those sweet, succulent and yummy treats that usually grace tables as a snack or dessert.
But did you know that although peaches are popular in the states as Georgia?s state fruit, they are not originally from there. Peaches are native to Northwest China between the north slopes of the Kunlun Mountains and the Tarim Basin. Archeological excavations proved that peaches have been propagated and cultivated as far back as 1000 BCE in China, but have only been in the United States since the beginning of the 17th century.
Besides being luscious and delectably appetizing, peaches are also known for their nutritional content. Peaches, no matter which cultivar, contain phosphorus that helps in strengthening bones and the teeth, antioxidants that help boost the immune system and speed up wound healing, and zinc that is known to interfere with aging. Furthermore, this fruit is low in calories and has no fat.
How to make a Peach Cake
Prep Time: 20 mins
Bake Time: 50 mins
Yields: 24 servings
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups Hale Georgia Peaches – peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, peaches and pecans. Mix thoroughly by hand.
- Pour into prepared 9×13 inch pan and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until done.