Orange Cauliflower Salad Recipe2019-05-14
Hale Groves Navel Oranges add a gourmet touch to this tasty and easy to prepare salad. The tarragon and curry lend exotic flavors to this blend of greens, veggies, and fruit. Make this nutritious salad today and enjoy.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp curry powder
- 7 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Hale Groves navel oranges
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbs fresh chopped tarragon
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- 5 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, combine cauliflower, shallots, curry powder and toss. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and ? teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Toss and spread on cookie sheet lined with foil. Roast on middle oven rack for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cut oranges into slices, remove skin and pith, and place slices into a bowl. In a separate bowl combine vinegar, mustard, 5 tablespoons of olive oil, juice from orange peels, trimmed sections, and pith, tarragon, and dashes of salt and pepper to taste. (Use a strainer and wooden spoon to press juice from the trimmed away orange pieces.) Whisk well.
- Toss the roasted vegetables in the vinaigrette, and serve over arugula. Top with slivered almonds and currants or raisins. Serve as a side dish or with crusty bread for a light lunch.