Peach Cinnamon Rolls with a Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe2018-06-12
There are many luscious fruits out there but nothing can outshine the scrumptious and exquisite taste of the peach (the Southern gentleman) especially during summer.
Now because peaches are in season there are lots of ways you can make use of them aside from eating them straight out of your hand. You can use peaches to make a tasty breakfast or for decadent desserts like cobblers, pies, cakes and other pastries. You can also use them to make healthy salads and delicious side dishes.
Peaches taste so good and utterly irresistible but peaches are also good for your health. It is a rich source of vitamin A that is good for your eyesight, vitamin C that helps improve your immune system and help fight radicals, fiber that helps with digestion and many other nutrients like vitamin B6, potassium, beta-carotene, zinc, phosphorus and iron.
While preparing this delectable recipe, know that you are not just going to enjoy its fluffy, gooey and yummy goodness but you will also get the peach?s full health benefits.
How to make?Peach Cinnamon Rolls with a Cream Cheese Glaze
Prep Time: 4 hours
Ready in: 4 hours 15 mins
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 c warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1/2 c half and half (or milk or cream)
- 3-3 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup peach jam
- 1 cup fresh Hale Georgia Peaches, thinly diced (with or without skin)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup powdered sugar, depending upon your preference
- Sprinkle and dissolve yeast in a 1/2 cup of warm water. Wait for 4-5 minutes to see if the mixture has turned foamy to know that it?s activated; if it does not foam the yeast is dead and you need to use another packet.
- Meanwhile, warm your half and half milk/cream in the microwave or saucepan; do not combine yeast with cold cream/milk as it can kill the yeast.
- Once the yeast has been activated, combine it with half and half, salt, sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the flour and mix until your dough pulls away from the bowl and turns into a ball. If sticky, add the extra ? cup of flour, if springy then it is ready.
- Lightly sprinkle flour on your kneading board and knead the dough for 3-5 minutes. Form the dough into a ball.
- Put in an oiled bowl and wait for it to double in size for 1 ? – 2 hours if left in a warm place or overnight if refrigerated.
- Lightly sprinkle flour on your kneading board; punch down the dough and roll it into a rectangle on the board. Dough should be 14?x8? or 1/8″ – 1/4″ thick.
- Evenly spread 3 tbsp butter on your dough then spread ? cup of peach jam over it. Sprinkle diced peaches over the jam then sprinkle the dough with ? cup white sugar, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, and 3 tsp cinnamon.
- Roll up dough tightly then evenly cut into 12-15 slices.
- Put slices in two 9″ greased cake pans while ensuring there is space in between each roll. Let slices rise for 30 minutes or until rolls have risen and are touching each other.
- Set the oven to 375? and bake rolls for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Combine cream cheese and milk and then add in ? cup of powdered sugar; if consistency is too thin, add in the remaining ? cup of powdered sugar.
- Once rolls are ready, spread the glaze generously over them.
Serve and enjoy!
Georgia PeachesShop Now
Average Member Rating
(2 / 5)
You have already Rated.
1 people rated this recipe