Peach Pie Pancakes Recipe2019-08-19
Making a slight twist to a well-loved traditional meal can make the familiar into something very special. Making a special batch of pancakes for breakfast may not necessarily make your day perfect, but it sure would give it a nice start. Whipping together a nice meal doesn’t even need to be complicated, and this upgrade on the familiar meal is just that. What’s great is that you can take full advantage of the seasons’ offerings such as the juicy peaches that can be easily bought in your local market or favorite online shop.
While canned peaches can also be used, it’s better to get them nice and fresh when you can.
How to make Peach Pie Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Yields: 16 silver dollar pancakes
- 1 cup (120g) white whole wheat flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup (180mL) nonfat milk
- ½ cup (100g) finely diced Hale Groves Peaches
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the butter and vanilla. Mix in the Greek yogurt, stirring until no large lumps remain. (If the butter or coconut oil solidifies, briefly microwave the mixture for 10-15 seconds.) Alternate between adding the flour mixture and the milk, beginning and ending with the flour, stirring just until incorporated. (For best results, add the flour mixture in 4 equal parts.) Gently fold in the peaches.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick pan or griddle with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat over low heat.
- Using 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake, dollop the batter onto the hot pan, and spread into a circular shape if desired. Let the pancakes cook for 2-3 minutes, or until a slight skin starts to form around the edges and the bottom is light golden brown. Slide a spatula underneath, and flip. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes or until light golden brown on both sides. (Remember to re-coat the pan with nonstick cooking spray before cooking the next round of pancake batter!) Top the pancakes with butter and pure maple syrup, if desired.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe