Salted Buttered Pecans with Orange and Nutmeg Recipe2019-11-05
The Christmas Holiday is all about festivities and fun family activities. It is also about getting together with friends and celebrating good times while reminiscing about happy days with people that matter in our lives.
The bountiful harvests of nuts, fragrant nutmeg, and oranges are the key ingredients in many dishes used for celebrating Christmas. This tradition sprang from a belief in Europe that Saint Nicholas brought nuts, oranges, and small treats to children, which then gave birth to the game “scrambling for nuts” – a popular game during the Elizabethan period in England. Moreover, the three parts of the nut (the shell, the skin, and the kernel) are often associated with the holy Christian trinity.
During this holiday season go nuts and make some Salted Buttered Pecans with Orange and Nutmeg. Finish your holiday dinner with pleasant conversations, and pass around a bowl of these amazing spiced nuts.
How to make Salted Buttered Pecans with Orange and Nutmeg
Prep Time: 5 mins
Bake Time: 10 mins
Yields: 2 cups
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely grated Hale Groves Navel Orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss pecans, butter, nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp. salt on a rimmed baking sheet to coat. Bake, tossing once, until deepened in color and fragrant, 8–10 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with orange zest and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Let cool before serving.
- Note: Pecans can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.