Spring Tangelo Chicken Recipe2019-04-03
Hale Groves Spring Tangelos are the perfect citrus to make this savory dish that is flavorful and not too heavy. It is easy and fast to prepare, so gather your ingredients and make this excellent main dish today.
- 1/4 cup Hale Groves Tangelo Juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Hale Groves Tangelo sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 red onion cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Zest of one Hale Groves Tangelo (Tip: Zest one orange before juicing)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine tangelo juice, honey, vinegar, garlic, and mustard and whisk until blended well. Add chicken to bowl and toss until fully coated with sauce. Cover bowl and refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl add broccoli, tangelo slices, onion, 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to blend ingredients.
- In a large skillet or chef’s pan heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade and brown chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Add seasoned broccoli mixture, stir and transfer all ingredients to a baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter. Garnish with tangelo zest and serve with your favorite salad.
Spring TangelosShop Now
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
You have already Rated.
1 people rated this recipe