Cherry and Chocolate Ice Cream Pie Recipe2019-07-22
Beating the heat with a nice cold treat is one of the things I love during summer. If you can make something tasty with minimal effort, then even better! One of my favorites, the Cherry and Chocolate Ice Cream Pie fits the bill perfectly. Cherries, cookies, and ice cream are already really good. But combined, they make decadent delight that the whole family can enjoy.
If you?re having people over, the simplicity of this recipe makes it great to whip up ahead of time and assemble in a jiffy before serving. Make the base ahead of time and put it in the freezer, then top it off with cherry sauce, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings before serving. It makes for a really nice dessert to top off your dinner and few could resist the allure of this ice cream pie with a cherry on top.
How to make Cherry and Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready In: 45 mins to 1 hr
Yields: 8 servings
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups Hale Groves Bing Cherries, pitted and quartered, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cherry liqueur, optional
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter and process until blended. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Carefully spread hot fudge topping over bottom of crust. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Combine ice cream and 1 cup cherries and spread over hot fudge. Freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine water, sugar, cranberry juice concentrate and cornstarch. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining cherries. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until thickened and cherries are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. If desired, stir in liqueur. Cool completely.
- Remove pie from freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sauce.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe