Introducing our third place winner in the Hale Groves Employee orange recipe contest. Share this recipe with your family and friends!
How to make Orange Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 Tsp baking powder
- 2 Tsps baking soda
- 1 Tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed Hale Groves Orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tub Chocolate Frosting
- Zest of two large Hale Navel Oranges
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1t orange zest and set aside.
- In another bowl, add eggs and sugar and mix well. Add orange juice, oil and sour cream and mix until thoroughly combined. Fold in dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in pan, remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- Add 2T of orange zest and 2T of orange juice to frosting and drizzle on cake.