Fresh Pear Cake Recipe2019-09-12
I am a firm believer in eating a healthful diet. Eating nutritious foods like fruits and vegetables helps reduce a wide range of health issues or complications and helps us stay fit and strong. Let us take Pear, one of the world’s most nutritious fruits, as an example.
Pear is from the flowering family Rosaceae and is native to coastal and mildly temperate parts of Europe and Asia. This mild, sweet fruit that is juicy as a nectarine but crunchy like an apple. Pears are rich in nutrients that help boost the immune system, reduce risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes, and aide with detoxification.
Pears are also a good source of dietary fiber that helps with digestion and can prevent constipation. Furthermore, the dietary fiber present in pears can offer protection from colon cancer as the non-soluble fiber in the pear works as a laxative, while the gritty fiber binds with cancer-causing radicals in the colon and protects the mucous membrane from getting in contact with the cancer-causing agents.
Pear is also packed with other minerals like copper, iron, potassium, manganese and magnesium as well as Vitamins C and B-complex.
Since Pears are in season during fall, you might as well take advantage of them and eat as many pears as you can.
How to make Fresh Pear Cake
Prep Time: 1 hr
Bake Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Yields: 12 servings
- 4 cups Hale Groves pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine the pears and the sugar and let stand for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slightly beat the egg whites and combine them with the oil, chopped pecans and pear mixture.
- Stir the flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in the pear mixture. Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven ant let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing form pan.