What happens in June? 1. Father’s Day. 2. Hale Groves Sweet Georgia Peaches are in season! Talk about fortuitous…our sweet, juicy, melt-in-your-mouth peaches are the star of many peach recipes, and this decadent French toast recipe with rum-infused peach syrup makes an amazing Father’s Day brunch – or any summer day brunch!
Quick and easy to prepare, this delightful recipe pairs perfectly fried French toast with a thick, smooth, peach syrup flavored with rum for a summery, tropical twist on the brunch and breakfast favorite. An instant favorite and must-have addition to your list of Georgia Peach recipes!
2 Hale Groves Sweet Georgia Peaches
¾ c. sugar
½ c. water
2 Tbsp. rum
5 Tbsp. butter
6 slices thick white bread suitable for French Toast
½ c. milk
¾ c. sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
Mint to taste for garnish
- Prepare the syrup: remove the stones and cut each Georgia Peach into eight equal slices (no need to peel fresh Georgia peaches first).
- Add ¾ cup sugar and ½ cup water to a pan. Stir until just combined; heat over medium heat for eight minutes or until caramelized.
- Reduce heat to low and add butter and rum. Stir and cook for one minute. Add fresh peaches and cook over low heat for three minutes or until peach slices are softened.
- Prepare the French toast: add ¾ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon to a shallow plate and combine with a fork. Set aside.
- Grease a pan or electric skillet with butter and heat to 350°F (medium heat).
- In a wide, deep dish, whisk together eggs and milk. Dip each slice of the bread in the egg mixture and fry in the pre-heated skillet until golden brown on each side, turning once.
- Dip each slice of warm French toast in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Add syrup, Georgia Peaches, and whipped cream/mint if desired. Enjoy!