Grilled Chicken with Peach Sauce Recipe2019-05-08
Fun summer time is fast approaching. Soon school will be out, kids will be enjoying outdoor activities like summer camps, swimming and picnics while parents will bring out the grills and start cooking outside.
Another important event happening during summer is the availability of the sweet and juicy fuzzy fruits – peaches from the south. This extraordinary fruit originated in China, and has since travelled a long and complex journey to the southern farms of the United States.
Although often thought to have originated in Persia because of its botanical name Prunus persica, genetic studies show that peaches actually originated from Northwest China where it has been cultivated since 2000 BC. Archeologists found the oldest peach stones at the Kuahuqiao site. The peach was brought to the Americas by Spanish explorers in the 16th century. Commercial production of peaches in the United States only started in the 19th century in the states of Georgia, Maryland, South Carolina and Virginia. Make this grilled chicken at your next cookout and enjoy the flavor peaches can add to such a dish.
How to make Grilled Chicken with Peach Sauce
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Yields: 8 servings
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Hale Groves Georgia Peaches
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 Hale Groves Georgia Peaches, halved and pitted
- Preheat grill on medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Season chicken breast halves with salt and black pepper.
- Stir 2 cups of peaches, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, and mustard in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Reserve about 1/2 cup peach sauce.
- Place chicken on preheated grill. Cook until golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes, then flip chicken. Continue cooking for 5 to 6 minutes. Brush both sides of the chicken with peach sauce. Cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 4 to 5 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Arrange peach halves cut side down on the grill. Grill for 2 minutes, flip, and brush with reserved 1/2 cup peach sauce. Continue to grill until peaches are tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.