Grilled Pear & Blue Cheese Pork Chops Recipe2019-09-19
This grilled recipe blends the sweet flavor of Hale Groves Pears, the salty richness of blue cheese, and the savory juiciness of pork chops to make a hearty grilled dish. Our Grilled Pear and Blue Cheese Pork Chops will have your taste buds watering at the grill as you prepare this tasty treat.
How to make Grilled Pear & Blue Cheese Pork Chops
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- 2 fresh Hale Groves Pears, cored, and cut into four quarters
- 2 cups water
- ½ Tbs salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup dijon mustard (divided)
- 4 thin-cut, boneless pork chops
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2-4 Tbs blue cheese, crumbled
- In a zippered plastic food storage bag, combine water, 3 Tbs mustard, salt, and pepper. Add pork chops and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Remove chops, discard marinade, and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine remaining mustard and olive oil in a small bowl and mix well. Brush over pear quarters, and pork chops. Grill chops and pears until pears are lightly charred and pork is done and browned on the outside and edges. Be sure pork is cooked through. The pears should take about 5 minutes, and the pork chops about 5 to 7 minutes per side, depending on thickness and grill heat.
- Place hot pork chops and pears on serving plates, and top with blue cheese crumbles. Serve with your favorite bread and salad for a delicious meal anytime.