Pear & Dried Cherry Cobbler Recipe2019-09-19
Cobblers are great because they are both delicious and easy to make. You don’t have to be a professional pastry chef to create this sumptuous fruit dessert that is good when chilled and amazing when served fresh and hot from the oven. This recipe combines fresh Hale Groves Pears and tart dried cherries for a unique cobbler that is the perfect ending to any of your favorite meals.
How to make Pear & Dried Cherry Cobbler
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 6 fresh Hale Groves Pears, peeled, cored, and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch of ground clove
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup, (plus 2 Tbs) sugar
- ¾ cup butter, unsalted, chilled, cubed
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- To make filling, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine all Pear Filling ingredients in a large bowl and toss to blend. Add combined topping ingredients to a 13×9 inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, ¾ cup sugar, and stir well. Mix in chilled cubed butter and combine thoroughly by hand. Gradually add up to 1/3 cup of the hot water until a wet dough is created. Cover the topping with clumps of the dough and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Some gaps are okay, and will help the cobbler to create a bubbly top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. until the dough is lightly browned and the topping is bubbly (about 40 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool for about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve warm, alone or with ice cream, and enjoy.