Hale Groves Cherry Cheese Blintzes2021-05-21
Luscious summer cherries complement the silky-smooth cream cheese filling of these elegant blintzes perfectly. A bright and beautiful brunch entrée or fancy dessert!
For the crepes:
1½ c. 2% milk
3 large eggs, room temperature
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
For the filling:
1 c. 4% cottage cheese
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ c. sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
For the cherry sauce:
1 lb. Hale Groves Sweet Mountain Bing Cherries
2/3 c. + 1 Tbsp. water, divided
¼ c. sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and butter. Combine flour and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat a lightly greased 8” nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between. Wrap in foil; refrigerate.
- In a blender, process cottage cheese until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Spread about 1 rounded tablespoonful onto each crepe. Fold opposite sides of crepe over filling, forming a small bundle.
- Place crepes seam-side down in a greased 15” x 10 x 1” baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F until heated through (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, bring cherries, 2/3 cup water and sugar to a boil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through (about 5 minutes). Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into cherry mixture. Bring to boil; cook and stir until thickened (about 2 minutes). Serve with crepes.