Surprise everyone with this easy yet amazing dessert that is a perfect finish for everything from a summer barbecue to a winter fireside dinner. Fresh, frim pears become even sweeter when grilled, and mascarpone cheese combined with ginger cookies adds the perfect combination of sweetness and spice.
Grab what you need, fire up the grill, and make these yummy Grilled Pears with Cheese the next time you need a fast but fancy dessert. Serve with ice cream for a winning touch.
- 2 Hale Groves Ripe Pears, halved and cored
- 6 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup crushed Gingersnap Cookies, divided
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine mascarpone cheese, 3/4 cup of the crushed cookies, and the lemon zest. Stir to mix and refrigerate while preparing the pears.
- Heat grill to medium heat and oil the grates. Place halved and cored pears cut-side down on the grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until they begin to brown. Remove from heat and place cut-side up on small serving plates.
- Top hot pears with the divided cheese mixture, sprinkle each with the remaining crushed cookies, drizzle with the caramel topping, and serve with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy.
- Heat the caramel ice cream topping to drizzle easier.
- This can also be made with apples, but they will need to cook longer.
- If you do not have mascarpone cheese, simply substitute 5 ounces of cream cheese mixed with 1 ounce of honey.