Cheesecake fans will adore this ultra-creamy, summer-tasting dessert! South Florida Mangos add a tropical twist to this oh-so-light, oh-so-creamy cheesecake recipe. An impressive and refreshing addition to your summer cookout, this easy-to-prepare dessert is a sweet, cool, and elegant-looking treat that’s a perfect finish to a hot summer’s day.
1 Hale Groves South Florida Mango, pureed
8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
¾ c. heavy cream
¾ c. confectioner’s sugar
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
¼ c. water
3½ oz. package shortbread
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
For the crust:
- Place shortbread in a plastic back and seal. Use a rolling pin to crush into small crumbs. Place crumbs in a bowl and add melted butter; mix until it forms a dough-like consistency.
- Pour crumb mixture into a springform cake pan and spread to evenly cover the base. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
For the filling:
- While crust is setting, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add sugar, cream cheese and mango puree; mix well.
- Pour ¼ cup water into a saucepan. Stir in gelatin and let soak until softened. Heat over low heat until melted.
- Once gelatin is dissolved, remove from heat and immediately add a small amount of the mango mixture, mixing until well blended. Add the remaining mixture and mix well.
- Pour mango/gelatin mixture into the springform cake pan. Refrigerate 12 hours or until set. Decorate with slices of mango and serve cold.