Mango Chicken Recipe2020-07-09
The states may have eased up on total lockdown but there are still some of us who are considered high-risk and would prefer to stay at home to make sure we are safe from contracting the deadly coronavirus. Being on lockdown may mean that we get to stay at home and away from our regular crowd, but we can still have an amazing dinner we can share and enjoy with our family in the safety of our homes.
Mango Chicken is a sweet and savory dish with a twist of tropical flavor. It is a unique dinner that will perk up the entire family because of the wonderful texture and flavors it offers. Aside from its taste, the ingredients used are sure to help boost your immune system, especially the mango which contains vitamin C known for its ability to help aid the immune system to stave off infection, fight off the common cold, and prevent other diseases.
How to make Mango Chicken
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango chunks
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Place the chicken in the pan in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. You may need to cook the chicken in batches.
- Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Repeat the process with any remaining chicken.
- Add the peppers to the pan with the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar and cornstarch.
- Pour the chicken broth mixture over the chicken and vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has just thickened.
- Stir in the mango chunks and serve.