Maple Pear Cookie Crisps Recipe2020-10-16
Pear Cookie Crisps
In the mood for something a little healthier this holiday season? With oatmeal flax, coconut, cranberries, pears, and pecans, these sweet treats fit the bill! The soft pears add a nice contrast to the crispy cookies, while a drizzle of caramel adds a touch of decadence.
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- 2 tbs. candied ginger, finely chopped (can substitute 2-3 tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbs. coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 medium Bartlett pears, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tbs. pecans, chopped
- 3 tbs. dried cranberries
- Caramel sauce (optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave (about 10 seconds). Add to dry ingredients along with milk, maple syrup and vanilla; mix well it forms a crumbly dough.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Transfer dough (two tablespoons at a time to the baking sheets and flatten into think layer.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown (the center of the crisps will harden after they are out of the oven).
- Allow crisps to cool, then top each crisp with the pears. Add the pecans and cranberries. Drizzle a bit of caramel sauce if desired.