The bright, sweet taste of Grove Navel Oranges raises the flavor of this sweet-and-savory salad to a new level! Simple and delicious, this healthy and light dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
For the salad:
4 Grove Navel Oranges, peeled
3 c. mixed baby greens
1 large avocado, sliced
¼ c. red onion, sliced
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
For the Citrus Vinaigrette
3 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed orange juice, plus 1 tsp. zest
2½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
¼ c. olive oil
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. honey
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Arrange lettuce in a large bowl or on a large platter, or divide equally between four salad plates/bowls.
- Cut oranges into ¼”-thick round slices and carefully pop out any seeds.
- Arrange orange, avocado, and red onion slices in and around lettuce and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette, tasting and adjusting salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve vinaigrette on the side or drizzled over top of salad.