Orange Creamsicles Recipe2020-07-09
Creamsicles are part of my childhood. Even now I still cannot get enough of those wonderful treats. I enjoy the perfect combination of the sweet cream in the inside and the tart, refreshing orange flavor on the outside. When I was younger I didn’t mind the ingredients. But now that I am older I have become more health-conscious and prefer eating healthy foods to an unlimited amount of refined sugar and artificial flavorings.
It may sound as if I am giving up on a lot of good-tasting treats, but eating healthy doesn’t mean I am giving up on one of my childhood favorites – the Orange Creamsicle included. Fresh Oranges, yogurt, and nutritious honey are combined in this recipe to make nutritious Orange Creamsicles with all the flavors and textures that I totally love.
To make the updated and healthy version of Orange Creamsicles read on below and follow the steps I have provided:
How to make Orange Creamsicles
Prep Time: 10 mins
Freeze Time: 6 hrs
Yields: 4 to 8 popsicles
- 4 large Hale Navel oranges peel removed
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract, divided
- 1 cup thick plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp honey*, optional (do not use with children below the age of 1)
- Place oranges and 1 tsp of the vanilla into a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, the remaining 1 tsp vanilla, and honey (if using).
- Pour orange mixture into popsicle moulds, distributing evenly so that the moulds fill about a third of the way. Pour yogurt mixture on top of orange mixture to the popsicle mould fill line.
- Using a chopstick or a butter knife, dip into each mould and mix slightly to push orange mixture up around the edges.
- Cover popsicle mould and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.