Ruby Red Grapefruit Mulled Wine Recipe2020-12-17
The traditional Old World treat gets a spicy twist thanks to sweet-yet-tangy Ruby Red Grapefruit and warming spices. A perfect holiday treat!
- 1 750-ml bottle of red wine like Cabernet Sauvingnon or Shiraz
- 2 cups water
- ½ Hale Groves Ruby Red Grapefruit, sliced in ¼” thick rings
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- ½ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ cup Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
In a large saucepan, heat wine, water, Cointreau, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, grapefruit and nutmeg on medium-high heat just until it reaches a simmer (do not boil). Once the mixture is simmering, turn heat to low and lightly simmer for 30 minutes. Strain liquid into large measuring cup to remove seeds before transferring to mugs or glasses. Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick and grapefruit wedges and serve warm.