DIY – Peach Jam
This easy, do-it-yourself peach jam is a great way to extend the use of the season?s Hale Groves peaches so you can enjoy their flavor for breakfast, snacks, or anytime you want something sweet. You will need thirteen 1-cup plastic containers with lids to make this tasty treat you can refrigerate, freeze, and share.
- 8 Hale Groves Peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small unpeeled Hale Groves Navel Orange, cut into wedges
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 10 cups sugar
Carefully rinse the plastic containers and lids with boiling water then dry completely. Combine peaches, cherries, cherry juice, orange slices, pineapple, and pineapple juice in blender and blend until smooth. Pour puree into a large stockpot, add pectin, stir, and bring to a boil over high heat. Do not let the mixture boil over. Add sugar and return to a boil for two minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and fill containers, leaving ? inch of space at the top of each. Cover with lids and leave the sealed containers to cool at room temperature for twenty-four hours. Refrigerate for up to three weeks, or freeze for extended storage.