Eat Sweet Valencia Oranges to Get Ready for Bathing Suit Season
Is the hot, humid weather getting you done? Time to hit the beach! (Or the pool.) Not so sure about getting into a bathing suit? No worries – eating Valencia oranges can help you get bathing-suit ready in a hurry!
Fresh Citrus in the Summertime
You might be accustomed to shop citrus during the winter months, but Valencia Oranges are a summertime citrus fruit. You can buy Valencia Oranges from Hale Groves starting in March, and enjoy citrus delivery all the way to October (after which you can buy grapefruit and other winter citrus online).
The Valencia Orange (named after the Spanish city) is a medium-sized orange with a thin, bright orange, finely textured skin. Unlike Navel Oranges, Valencia Oranges have seeds. They’re also one of the best juicing oranges available – full of sweet, delicious juice, these gorgeous oranges will almost make you forget how healthy they are!
Health Benefits of Valencia Oranges
Packed full of rich vitamins and minerals, decadent Valencia Oranges are a lovely, juicy, and healthy treat. There are many reasons for adding Valencia Oranges to your summertime food plan, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Valencia Oranges are a great source of fiber. One large orange contains around 18% of your recommended daily intake. Fiber has many health benefits including lowering cholesterol, weight control and improving digestive health.
- Valencia Oranges are full of vitamins and minerals. One large Valencia Orange can provide up to 100% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C, which is beneficial for the repair and growth of body tissue. Valencia Oranges are also a good source of potassium, which helps lower blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Valencia Oranges contain citric acid. Citric acid has been linked to the prevention of kidney stone formation. Citrates are found to have similar properties to potassium citrate, which is prescribed to patients with kidney stones.
- Valencia Oranges have many skin benefits. The high levels of vitamin C in Valencia Oranges can also have positive benefits for your skin. Vitamin C is known to help repair sun damaged skin, reduce wrinkles and promote a healthier skin texture – very important during the summer months!
- Valencia Oranges are good for your heart. The potassium found in Valencia Oranges can help support a healthy heart, decrease the risk of strokes and heart attacks, as well as lowering cholesterol, blood pressure and decreasing the risk of heart disease.
Valencia Oranges are Great for the Waistline!
Another great reason to buy Valencia Oranges online from Hale Groves is because they’re a great snack for when you’re trying to lose weight.
Losing weight comes down to simple math: calories burned must exceed calories consumed. If you want to cut calories without giving up the sweets you crave, substituting your favorite snacks with healthier choices can be a huge help. Though delicious Valencia oranges have fewer 100 calories per serving, they’re delightfully sweet – which makes them an ideal snack when you want something sweet but want to keep your calories down.
Making small changes to the way you eat on a daily basis is a far more effective way to lose weight than making radical changes to your diet because you’re far more likely to keep the weight off in the long run. Replacing sugar snacks and desserts with Valencia Oranges and other citrus fruits that are high in fiber and flavor but low in calories helps you feel full and stay satisfied – and it’s better for your body, too!
To Sum Up…
Valencia oranges are low in calorie and high in fiber, so even though you’re taking in fewer calories you’ll still feel full and not so much like snacking between meals. If you eat just two Valencia oranges each day instead of other snacks like candy bars, chips, or cookies you can lose weight without having to sacrifice all the other foods you love.
Replacing dessert or breakfast with Valencia oranges can help you cut even more calories without robbing of your body of the nutrients it needs. Like all citrus fruits, Valencia oranges are full of Vitamin C, B Complex vitamins, and minerals like Potassium and Magnesium that will help you stay healthy. So, order some Valencia oranges today and start replacing your daily snacks with oranges. You’ll be bathing-suit ready in no time at all!
Shop Delicious Treats from Hale Groves
Hale Groves of Vero Beach, Florida, offers the best citrus and fruit gifts money can buy. Order some for your friends, family or yourself.Shop Now