Fresh summer peaches are the star in this decadent cake! Baked until they’re sweet and sticky with butter and brown sugar, they add moistness while the bourbon adds a zing of flavor. Serve warm with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream for a delightful summertime dessert!
1¾ c. butter, softened, divided
2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1½ c. granulated sugar
6 large eggs
1½ tsp. vanilla extract, divided
3 c. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
¼ c. bourbon
1 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10½” Bundt pan heavily with cooking spray. Melt ¼ cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir in ½ cup brown sugar. Cook, whisking constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thoroughly combined (about 1 minute). Pour mixture evenly into Bundt pan. Place peach slices in an even layer on top of brown sugar mixture.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1½ cups butter with a heavy-duty stand mixer on medium speed until creamy (about 1 minute). Gradually add granulated sugar and remaining 1 ½ cups brown sugar, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy (3-5 minutes). Add eggs one at a time, beating just until yolk disappears. Beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Sift together flour and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon batter carefully over peaches in prepared pan; level with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean (1 hour and 25 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes). Cool in pan on a wire rack until pan is just cool enough to handle (about 25 minutes). Remove cake from pan to rack and cool completely (about 2 hours).
- Stir together powdered sugar, remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of milk in a small bowl, adding remaining 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake.