Orange Amaretto Trifle Recipe2019-02-26
Introducing our first ever Hale Groves employee orange recipe contest. We asked our employees to submit there best recipes featuring our delicious oranges. This Orange Amaretto Trifle was our grand prize winning recipe!
How to make an Orange Amaretto Trifle
- Yellow Cake or Pound Cake (homemade/store-bought)
- Fresh Hale Navel Orange Slices (6)
- Homemade Custard (recipe to follow)
- Fresh Hale Honey-Sweet Tangerine Slices (6)
- Orange Marmalade 1 c
- Amaretto Liquor 1/3 c
- Apricot Jam c
- Homemade Whipped Cream (recipe to follow)
Cake:Yellow Cake Mix or Pound Cake
Yellow Cake Mix or Pound Cake
- Prepared according to box directions
- Bake in two 9 round pans
- When cooled, split cake so you have four layers
Homemade Custard Filling:
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. rum extract
Combine all ingredients and cook at medium heat until thickened stir often while cooking. Let cool.
Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3 T powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
Beat all ingredients until whipped cream forms.
To assemble Trifle:
- Place one of the cake layers in the trifle bowl and drizzle with some of the amaretto liquor followed by the jam, marmalade and pieces of navel oranges topped with the custard and whipped cream.
- Continue in the same order with the remaining cake layers. Finish the cake with whipped cream.
- Decorate with tangerine slices and ENJOY!
Navel OrangesShop Now
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
You have already Rated.
1 people rated this recipe