The bright flavor of Hale Groves Navel Oranges, combined with a decadent tropical topping, elevates ordinary pancakes to an unforgettable holiday brunch! The orange-infused pancakes are delightful on their own, but the sweet sauce, reminiscent of island breezes, makes this dish just as suitable for a special dessert.
For the pancakes:
- 3 Grove Navel Oranges, juiced
- 2 c. biscuit mix
- 2 eggs
For the citrus sauce:
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 Grove Navel Oranges, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 18-oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- Prepare the pancakes: Combine biscuit mix, eggs and orange juice in a medium bowl and beat lightly with a whisk (for more tender pancakes do not overwork the batter). Measure out about ¼ cup batter per pancake onto a high, lightly greased griddle. Cook over medium heat until golden brown (about two minutes each side). Place pancakes on a baking sheet or oven-safe platter in a 200°F oven while preparing sauce.
- Prepare the sauce: Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in orange juice and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir an additional two minutes, then remove from heat and stir in butter and pineapple tidbits and banana slices.
- Serve: Stir banana slices into still-warm sauce. Spoon sauce over warm pancakes and serve.