Orange-Tangerine Smoothie Recipe2018-11-28
A smoothie is thick, rich, cool blended drink produced using pureed fruits, vegetables, and at times items like yogurt, frozen yogurt, or soymilk. Smoothies might be made with different fixings such as water, ice, organic fruit juice, sweeteners like agave nectar, sugar, and syrup, whey powder, nuts, nut spread, seeds, tea, cocoa or other healthful supplements.
Smoothies made entirely of whole fruits and veggies, and whenever wanted, a little soymilk or nonfat dairy, are tasty and nutritious. However, remember that smoothies are a concentrated form of nutrition, and can contain high percentages of sugar or fruit acids. Consume them in moderation until you are sure of their affects on your digestive system. This Orange-Tangerine smoothie is great after a workout, as a snack, or anytime you need an energy boost.
How to make an Orange-Tangerine Smoothie
Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready In: 10 mins
Yields: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from about 1 1/2 Hale Navel Oranges
- 2 Hale Honey-Sweet Tangerines, peeled, quartered
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) full-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 to 6 ice cubes, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Place orange juice, tangerines, yogurt, honey, and ice cubes in a blender. Pulse a few times on “ice crush” or similar high setting to begin to break down ice cubes.
- Blend for 30 seconds on high until the mixture is smooth and frothy. Divide between two glasses, adding extra ice cubes for garnish if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Navel OrangesShop Now
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
You have already Rated.
1 people rated this recipe