Winter Apple Salad Recipe2019-10-25
This crisp, flavorful salad is bursting with fresh apples and accented with a lemon dressing. It is perfect as a side dish for a hearty meal, or to take to a holiday get together. The lemon juice in the dressing helps keep the apples looking fresh, so this colorful salad will always please the eyes as well as the taste buds.
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Diced Onion
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Poppy Seeds
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Hale Groves Apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 Hale Groves Pear, peeled, cored, and diced
- 4 Ounces Grated Swiss Cheese
- 1 Cup Roasted Cashews
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries
- In a blender or food processor add lemon juice, onion, dijon mustard, sugar, and salt. Blend until smooth. Add olive oil slowly and blend until smooth. Add poppy seeds and pulse four or five times to combine well.
- Wash and dry lettuce, and tear into bite-sized pieces. Add lettuce to a large salad bowl. Add apples, pears, cheese, cashews, and cranberries. Toss lightly to mix ingredients, add dressing, toss again to combine, and serve.