Why You Should Eat 5 Portions of Fruit Per Day
Do you get your 5 A Day?
Every time of year is a good time to order fruit from Hale Groves! The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends eating at least five servings of fruits and vegetables each day to help us stay healthy and well.
Not only can making fruits and vegetables a regular part of your diet help you avoid such major diseases as cardiovascular diseases and certain types of cancers – NOT having enough fruits and vegetables every day is a key risk factor for several noncommunicable diseases. In other words, eating your fruits and veggies can help you keep from getting sick, not doing so can make you sick!
Why You Should Eat a Variety of Fresh Fruits Each Day
Fresh fruit isn’t just a warm-weather thing. Each season has its own fruits, and those are often the best for us to eat at the time as well as the best-tasting. In North America, wintertime is primetime for Florida fruits, particularly Indian River fruits like Grove Navel Oranges and Ruby Red Grapefruit.
You can buy fruits online that come in just about every color of the rainbow. Each of those colors represents different nutrients that aid your body in many ways. For example, if you only eat an apple every day, you are missing out on the nutrients that are provided by pears, oranges, grapefruits, etc. So, not only do you want to eat more fruits, you should also try to eat a greater variety.
5 Benefits of Eating 5 A Day
If you sign up for a Monthly Fruit Club through Hale Groves, you can be sure we’ll deliver fresh fruit each month that’s at the peak of the season!
A fresh fruit gift can be a very loving gift for yourself or someone else. Here are just five reasons why (apart from the enjoyment of eating them):
- A fruits gift from Hale Groves offers a variety of delicious fruits that have been perfectly ripened, handpicked, and carefully packed before being rushed to your delivery address.
- When you send fruits to your loved ones, you help to contribute to them having a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Fresh fruits contain a wide variety of vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin C and potassium.
- Eating fresh fruit is a great way to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight because most whole fruits contain lots of fiber. Fruit is low in fat and calories, while the sweetness of the fruit satisfies you and the fiber helps you feel fuller longer. Dietary fiber also helps you maintain a healthy gut, keeps you from getting constipated, and aids digestion.
- Making fresh fruit a regular part of your daily diet can help to reduce your risk of getting heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer.
Shop Delicious Treats from Hale Groves
Hale Groves of Vero Beach, Florida, offers the best citrus and fruit gifts money can buy. Order some for your friends, family or yourself.Shop Now