What Fruits are in Season for January?
Looking to brighten up a dull winter’s day? There’s no better way than with fresh fruit! Colorful, delicious, and super-good for you (oranges and grapefruit are packed with immune-boosting vitamin C, a must for defeating colds and viruses), fruit is a great way to ease the winter doldrums, whether you’re eating it fresh out of hand or adding it to your favorite drinks and recipes. Best of all, some of the best fruits are in season during the winter months! Here are just a few:
Citrus Fruits That Are Available in January
- Grapefruit. Ever send fresh fruit to a loved one? If not, consider sending grapefruit! The most popular of our Indian River citrus fruits (so-called because they’re grown in Florida’s Indian River valley), grapefruit from Hale Groves is the best grapefruit you can find – plump, juicy, thin skinned, and so sweet you won’t need to add sugar. Go with red grapefruits for sweetness and nutrition, or white grapefruits for a more traditional taste. Enjoy them plain for breakfast or in smoothies and main dishes.
- Oranges. Grapefruit aren’t our only Indian River fruits – Hale Groves is also known for our seedless Grove Navel Oranges, fragrant Cara Cara Oranges, and delectable Temple Oranges (later in the winter). All are prized for their high levels of vitamin C and minerals, and all are sweet and juicy. Enjoy them fresh out of hand or in drinks, salads, and main dishes!
- – Honey Sweet Tangerines and Holiday Golds are the perfect healthy take-along snacks…small but satisfyingly sweet, easy to peel, few seeds…they’re a favorite with the lunchbox set! If you’re looking to add more fruit to your diet, these beauties are an easy way to go.
- Honeybells and Sugar Belles. If you’re an avid orange-lover, you don’t want to miss either of these bell-shaped beauties. Just the right balance of sweet and tart, these fruits (also known as tangelos) combine the best features of oranges, grapefruit and tangerines. The only bad thing about them is how short their season is, so don’t wait to schedule your fruits delivery!
Orchard Fruits That Are Available in January
If you’re wondering where to get fruit baskets that contain winter apples or pears, you’re in luck – Hale Groves has these, too! Normally considered fall fruits, here are a couple of varieties that are available during some of the winter months:
- D’Anjou Pears. The D’Anjou is one of America’s favorites, presenting a refreshing citrus undertone and lots of juice. Great for snacking, these pears are also extremely versatile; try them in salads or even in recipes. This variety holds up well in baking, poaching or even grilling.
- Fuji Apples. This sweet and very crispy apple has a dense flesh that stores for a long time and is one of the most popular varieties of apples worldwide.
When are Pears in season?
When are Mangos in Season?
Guide: Monthly Fruit Clubs for Seniors
What Types of Grapefruit Are There?
Shop Delicious Treats from Hale Groves
Hale Groves of Vero Beach, Florida, offers the best citrus and fruit gifts money can buy. Order some for your friends, family or yourself.Shop Now